Kicks layered with distortion without losing power, grinding, crunching – all in ‘Screams Of Hate’, the EP title track of Märked’s new signees Dark Matter Space Assembly. The duo crosses borders for their collaboration; Billy comes from Breda in the south of Holland and Bart lives just over the border in Belgium. Their aggressive approach to electronic music comes from their industrial hardcore background, which is prominently heard throughout the whole package which features additional remixes by ArchivOne and Mickey Nox.
Secondly ‘That Kid Who Lost Himself To Gabber’ pushes things more forward with more beats per minute, fast arpeggiated notes and rattles. A golden formula to set any dance floor on fire is aggression and groove, of which both this track has.
Next is as merciless as how ‘That Girl Who Lost Herself To Flakka’ sounds. Bold and nasty hits from the undead taking it to another level with ridiculous teeth-grinding synth action in the second part.
ArchivOne gives TGWLHTF a Birmingham touch, leaving only huge slabs of unrelentingly minimalism for optimal effectiveness.
To round things off Green Fetish Records’ main guy Mickey Nox goes half breakbeat and half techno on his remix of ‘That Girl Who Lost Herself To Flakka’, by building the tension as the breakbeat progresses to a hasty two-step techno drop.
1. Dark Matter Space Assembly – Screams Of Hate
2. Dark Matter Space Assembly – That Kid Who Lost Himself To Gabber
3. Dark Matter Space Assembly – That Girl Who Lost Herself To Flakka
4. Dark Matter Space Assembly – That Girl Who Lost Herself To Flakka (ArchivOne Remix)
5. Dark Matter Space Assembly – That Girl Who Lost Herself To Flakka (Mickey Nox Remix)
Artwork: Robin Beekman